2017 Melrose Fat Tyre Festival: 9th -12th JuneSee you there!
REGISTRATIONS OPEN 1 APRIL 2017
This June long weekend why don’t you make a difference to our planet, Reduce Reuse and Recycle! That’s the theme of this year’s Melrose Fat Tyre Festival where mountain bikers and friends from around Australia will be getting together to celebrate Mother Earth on our bikes!
The 2017 “World Environment Day” is on the 5 June but here in Melrose we want to extend that into a whole week! So once you’re here, switch the car off and get on ya bike, there’s no need to drive any more, Reduce your emissions Reuse your bike and Re-cycle everywhere.
The Fat Tyre Festival and Melrose has long been known for its chilled atmosphere and its inclusive nature, where racing is secondary to relaxing, where the motor is overwhelmed by the pedal and the only fire of competition is the story around the campfire.
|2017 – 15th Melrose Fat Tyre Festival|
|When’s it on?||9-12th JUNE 2017|
|How much does it cost?||All weekend – $60 Adult/$30 Kids
Day only – $30 Adult/$30 Kids
What do I get for my $!
- Access to land normally not allowed to ride on
- Entertainment / Live music on the street and at the local Pubs
- Skills Clinics by Escapegoat Adventures / Bike Maintenance class / Bike Fits
- Mini Challenges for a chance to win awesome prizes!
- Guided rides on Advanced trail network thanks to awesome Local landowners and National Parks
- Heaps of activities for the kids like helping our local artist create something amazing from recycled tyres/tubes, learn all about RECYCLE – dress up competition – RECYCLE THEME so go and raid your local vinnies store or better still come along to our SWAP store, movie night, BMX displays by our very talented Port Pirie boys, family rides that finish with scones at Kookaburra Creek Retreat
- Craft, food and bike stalls!
- Yoga lessons for al abilities
- Photography lessons by SBDynamics
Where can I stay?
Melrose Showgrounds is only 1km out of town along a flat riding trail off the road. Great facilities and a huge area and we are encouraging families who want some space to camp out there! We are offering movie nights and yoga for our registered riders who are staying out at the showgrounds ( and for those that are not staying there – please feel free to ride out there and get involved! ) Please pay the caretaker at the showgrounds. It has an easy, flat trail to Willowie Forest and then onto Kookaburra Creek Retreat where your hosts will welcome you with a beautiful morning tea.
Don’t forget that Glenrest Camper Trailers can provide an unreal service – a campertrailer set up in Melrose ready for you on the Friday. No need to bring anything -utencils and equipment all provided – perfect for those coming in from interstate and don’t want to carry all of their camping equipment. Check out their website – www.glenrest.com.au/