2016 Melrose Fat Tyre Festival: 10th-13th JuneSee you there!
Every June Long weekend mountain bike riders from around Australia come to Melrose for the Fat Tyre Festival some making this event their “must do ” every year!
Riders love the chilled out vibe and non competitive nature of the event. They come to improve their skills, ride trails they wouldn’t normally be allowed to ride on outside festival times, meet new friends and enjoy all the entertainment through out the day and night!
Registrations for the 2016 Modular Pump Track Melrose Fat Tyre Festival are OPEN –
CLICK HERE to REGISTER
|2016 – 14th Modular Pump Track Melrose Fat Tyre Festival|
|When’s it on?||10th-13th June 2016|
|How much does it cost?||All weekend – $60 Adult/$30 Kids ( EARLY BIRD SPECIAL $10 OFF All adult weekend rego book month of March )
Day only – $30 Adult/$30 Kids
What do I get for my $!
- Access to land normally not allowed to ride on including Private land and National Parks
- Modular Pump track will be centre stage
- Entertainment / Live music on the street and at the local Pubs
- Skills Clinics / Bike Maintenance class / Bike Fits
- Mini Challenges for a chance to win awesome prizes!
- Guided rides on Advanced trail network
- Heaps of activities for the kids – storytelling / Neverland treasure hunts / magic shows and secret gardens / kids talent quests – show us some of your magic!/ dress up competition / clown shows / movie night . BMX displays / family rides finish with scones at Kookaburra Creek Retreat
- Craft, food and bike stalls!
- Spiritual – Yoga and Ride
- Mystical – “SFRR Trail Fairies” discussion about sustainable trail building and rides
Where can I stay? Accommodation in Melrose includes camping (powered & unpowered), bunkhouse, cabins, B&B, units and hotels. Our advice is book early!
For those camping at MELROSE CARAVAN PARK : When you register for the FTF you will have the option to pay for your 3 day camping fees at the MELROSE CARAVAN PAKRK . If you are staying for only 1 or 2 nights please pay these camp fees direct at the Caravan park.
Melrose Showgrounds is only 1km out of town along a flat riding trail off the road. Great facilties and a huge area and we are encouraging families who want some space to camp out there! We are offering clown shows, movie nights and yoga for our registered riders who are staying out at the showgrounds ( and for those that are not staying there – please feel free to ride out there and get involved! ) Please pay the caretaker at the showgrounds.
Don’t forget that Glenrest Camper Trailers can provide an unreal service – a campertrailer set up in Melrose ready for you on the Friday. No need to bring anything -utencils and equipment all provided – perfect for those coming in from interstate and don’t want to carry all of their camping equipment. Check out their website – www.glenrest.com.au/